Sunday, 15 June 2014

Change your look with the $8 fake fringe

I haven't had a fringe (that's bangs for my American readers!) since I was about eight years old. I've come close to cutting it so many times. (Particularly if I've been looking at pictures of Traci Lords in Cry Baby.) But I've always been put off by the prospect of The Awkward Grow Out Stage if I didn't like it. 

I started looking into the faux options, and hadn't had much luck with the stores here in Melbourne. They wanted up to $100 for synthetic hair that didn't look very good, so I decided to try my luck on ebay instead. I found this listing for clip-on bangs in real human hair for $8. I was dubious, but for eight dollars, it wasn't much of a gamble. 

My faux bangs arrived pretty quickly, and I was astonished at how well the colour matched my real hair. The hair was way too long, so I had my hairdresser cut it for me, and she too was amazed at the colour match. I like to wear a headband to disguise the join, but apart from that, I couldn't be happier with my new fake fringe... Do I look like Traci Lords yet?






Don't tell anyone it's fake!

OUTFIT DETAILS
Fake fringe: Ebay
Ponytail wrap: Lady Jayne from Priceline
Black hoop earrings: Forbidden Charm
Black turtleneck: Thrifted
Brooches: The Crave Yard

No comments:

Post a Comment