Sunday, 1 June 2014

Outfit of the day: Miss Hussy Sophia dress

It’s the party dress code all vintage lovers dread: Smart casual. Cocktail? No problem. Black tie? Even better. Hillbilly jamboree? Yessiree!

When faced with a smart casual wardrobe challenge, I usually go for one of my favourite Australian repro labels like Wheels and Dollbaby, Mikala Design, Powderpuff Boutique, or in this case, the (now closed) Miss Hussy.

I love the Sophia dress so much, I have it in two colours. The simple, yet elegant styling is definitely smart casual, and the rhinestone buckle on the shoulder adds a snazzy touch without seeming too over the top.

I teamed the Sophia dress with a black vintage clutch purse, Weiss hoop earrings and modern pewter mules by Callisto of California. These shoes are my secret weapon! They are so unbelievably comfortable, I always wear them if I know I’m going to be standing up all night. They’re not as cute as vintage, so I added the rhinestones myself. 

The dress didn't come with a matching belt, so I wore this one I found in my drawer. I have a lot of belts.



Outfit details:
Dress: Miss Hussy
Belt: Thrifted
Clutch purse: Stylecraft Miami from The Vintage Shed, Tyabb
Earrings: Vintage Weiss from ebay
Shoes: Callisto of California from Macy's

1 comment:

  1. Bam! Bam! and Bam!
    Love it all! Love DIY bling especially. Sad Miss Hussy has gone to the big pearly gates, I love my Sophia dress too and so do the fellas ;)
    Great posts Julie xx

    ReplyDelete