Tuesday, 12 August 2014

All rugged up at Greazefest Melbourne

There’s only two ways to stay warm at a festival in the middle of winter: outfit layering and stupid dancing. And last weekend at Greazefest Melbourne, I managed a little of both.

Greazefest is the biggest festival on the Brisbane rockabilly calendar, and for the first time ever, they’ve expanded into Melbourne. Lori Lee and the team did a great job of orchestrating such a huge event, with cars, bands, food and stalls all running seamlessly alongside each other.

I was lucky enough to be invited to share the Powderpuff Boutique stall, so I spent most of the weekend selling accessories. It was great to meet some longtime customers, and I was thrilled to see lots of ladies wearing Forbidden Charm throughout the weekend.

I’m always interested to hear what you ladies are looking for in your accessories. Right now, I’m hearing you need large black hoops, large silver hoops and possibly gold ones too. The black hoops are coming, and I’m looking into the others. If you have any more requests, feel free to pass them on, and I’ll see what I can do!

Since I was working most of the time, I didn’t get to take photos of the bands or car show - only outfits! But that’s what you want to see, right? 

Miss Paula-Jane of Powderpuff Boutique shows off the merchandise her pink holster earrings
Anna Go-Go wears a vintage black and yellow halter dress from Etsy

Manning the stall packed with Powderpuff Boutique, Forbidden Charm and Mikala Design

So good catching up with awesome ladies from near and far!

Matching suits with Leah from L-Bomb Fitness

Michelle from Mikala Design and Jodie from Press-Tone Music in matching Mexican jackets

We love theme days! The chimayo purse was super handy for hands-free vending




2 comments:

  1. Ouch my eyes!..Too many delicious outfits and lovley ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun and you all look fabulous in those outfits!

    ReplyDelete